FOR COMPANIES AND GROUPS:
Levoča is a town of a great importance in the Middle Ages. In the middle of the square, which is one of the greatest medieval squares in Slovakia there are three original buildings: the parish St. Jame?s Church, the town hall and the former department store. St. James Church is a unique one because of its 11 gothic and Renaissance altars.
Begins of the Spiš castle reach to the half of the 12th century, it is one of the largest castles in Europe. It used to be a headquarter of the Spiš lords. Its last owners a family Csáky later moved to newer castles. In 1993 the castle has been enrolled on the List of the World Cultural Heritage of the U.N.E.S.C.O.. Spiš castle is only some 19 kilometres far away from Levoča.
Church in Žehra, constructed in transitional Romanesque-Gothic style, was in the 14th century vaulted on the central pillar, enabling to create double-nave space, so typical for the Gothic Spiš. Entire interior is decorated by the frescos form the 14th and 15th centuries. In 1993 the Zehra has been enrolled on the List of the World Cultural Heritage of the U.N.E.S.C.O.. Žehra is some 22 kilometres far away form Levoča.
Spišská Kapitula is small parish town surrounded by the fortifications. There is St. Martin?s Cathedral, bishop’s palace, seminary and canon houses. Originally the Late-Romanesque cathedral got an extensive the Late Gothic reconstruction in the 15th century. Rich interior besides the numerous Gothic altars attracts by the travertine sculpture White lion (Leo Albus) and the Gothic fresco. Is some 16 kilometres far away form Levoča.
Originally, Spišské Podhradie was a settlement bellow the Spiš Castle. It was a community of the Sas nation living in the Spiš region. Already in the 14-th. century it became an important centre of crafts. In 1412 it was (as a part of a deposit) given to the polish King as counter-value for the financial loan.
Spišské Podhradie is some 15 kilometres far away form Levoča.
The most outstanding monument of this town is the Gothic church with the Romanesque elements and apposited Gothic Zapoĺský?s Chapel. The chapel was constructed in 1473 by Štefan Zápoľský as family burial chapel. Design of the chapel was made by Hans Pusbach, one of the constructors of the St. Stephen?s Cathedral in Vienna. Spišský Štvrtok is some 10 kilometres far away form Levoča.
Its centre is the monumental reservation with precious monuments, such as the Gothic-Renaissance town castle form the break of the 15th century with the most precious Baroque chapel; the Gothic parish church of St. Cross, originally the Romanesque one, nowadays known as Basilica Minor. The cross on the main altar is from the 15th century, most probably from the workshop of Vit Stwosz. Kežmarok is some 33 kilometres far away form Levoča.
Markušovce is a village that arose as a border guard village of the Spiš region in the 12-th century. You can find there a Gothic church of St. Michael from the 13th century with ruins of the castle that remained till today. Later the village became the seat of the Mariassy family. They decided to build there a Renaissance manor-house, which was later refurbished in the Rococo style. Nowadays there is an exposition of quaint furniture. Markušovce is 18 km far away from Levoča.
Spišská Nová Ves is the cultural, administrative and business centre of the Spiš region. The town arose on the West-East Trade Route from the villages of Iglov and of Villa Nova. The first written reference to the town is from the year 1268.
The town was a member of the Spiš Sasi Community and it was for 360 years in a pledge by the Polish King. Spišská Nová Ves is some 12 kilometres far away form Levoča.
The first written notice about Spišská Sobota is from the year 1256. In the 13th century it was an important trade centre, a town with a right to have its own sign. As a result of German immigration it became the most important town in the Spiš region. Between 1412 and 1772 it was (as a part of a deposit) given to the Polish King Zigmund as counter-value for the financial loan. Spišská Sobota is some 33 kilometres far away form Levoča.